Collection of personal information from you
We collect personal information from our customers, and other individuals who provide us with information in connection with our business.
We collect this information when it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of our business. We collect personal information about you, including, for example, your contact details (such as name, address, email, and phone number).
In particular, we collect personal information:
- when you submit information to us by applying to be a customer
- when you use our website, in which case our system may automatically collect information relating to your visit to our
website, such as your IP address
- when you contact us (through our website, via email or phone) with queries or issues or a request that we contact you
If you do not provide us with all requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested goods and/or services.
Using your personal information
Our main purposes in collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information about you are to:
- review and process your application to become a customer
- provide you with information, content, products and/or services
- improve information, content, products and/or services or our website
- keep you informed about activities, content, products and services associated with our business
- respond to your queries, request and issues
- facilitate access to and management of our website
- operate our business efficiently
Using your personal information for marketing
We may use personal information you have provided to us, including your email address, postal address and telephone number, to contact you to provide you with information in relation to content available on our Website, new or updated content, special offers, promotions or competitions or other items or material that you may be interested in.
We will only contact you in this way if you have consented to receive such messages. If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be removed from our mailing lists, or use the unsubscribe facilities included in our marketing communications.
Disclosing your personal information
In order to run our business efficiently, improve and provide content, products and services to you, respond to your queries and/or send you information about future content, products, services and/or activities that you may be interested in, your personal information may be disclosed to service providers (eg. independent contractors and consultants, off-site security storage providers, website hosts, mail-houses, electronic database managers).
Please note also that we may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate or to overseas facilities for storage/ overseas contractors for management or processing in countries in the European Union. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy. We will not otherwise use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law
- we believe it necessary to provide you with content, products and/or services which you have requested or to otherwise implement the terms relating to our content, products and/or services
- we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or the Company
- the assets and operations of our business are transferred to a third party
Access and accuracy
Upon request, we will provide you with access to personal information that we hold about you, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted by law for us to withhold this information. To request access to, or corrections of, your personal information, please email the Company Privacy Officer at email@example.com